Sunday, April 29, 2012

A less expensive option

I'm a cigar fan. I enjoy getting lost in a cloud of smoke. I find it relaxing and a chance to engage the mind. I particularly enjoy Smokes from the Ashton line, but let's face it, they are EXPENSIVE. At 8.30 a stick the Maduro #20 can eat up the weekly paycheck.
For the past two months I've been smoking all kinds of 5.00 sticks with hopes that I could find something to satisfy my palate. Well the search is over. The Arturo Fuente Curly head is a $3.25 stick full of flavor and I just love it. The taste is great and you'd never think it was under 5.00. The value exists because the stick is rolled from the Hemingway 2nds, so if you've tasted the Hemingway this will give you an idea. It's spongy and flakey, hence the name, but the flavor is good. I enjoy the Maduro and it reminds me a lot if the Ashton Maduro #20. It's sweet on the tongue and follows the flavor profile of the traditional Fuente line. Don't cut it too aggressively as the tobacco is loose. I welcome your thoughts.

Stay classy Gentlemen

No comments: