Monday, January 3, 2011

They're Special Boys : Baldwin Denim The Reed

I'm stoked to do a piece on my recent denim purchase.  After initially ordering a pair of Levis Premium Selvage 514's I was convinced there wasn't a better fit out there.  Boy was I wrong.  Baldwin has it right with regard to quality, cut, feel, durability, aesthetic..you name it, they've done it.  I purchased the jeans from the fine folks over at Mortar on Westheimer. If you haven't been there yet, I recommend it, Sasha one of the owners is a cool cat and knows his stuff!!!  They carry some strong bands such as, Baldwin, Kicking Mule, Gilded Age, Billykirk, Randolph Eng. etc....

Denim Description

- Dry Indigo Selvage
- 13oz White Oak Plant Cone Mills Indigo Selvage Sanforized Denim
- Woven, cut and sewn in USA
- Custom Copper Rivets
- Button Fly
- Chainstitched Hem
- Yellow line Selvage Fabric is 100 % cotton (Pima Cotton Fill) made of a solid indigo denim from Cone Mills famous White Oak Plant.

I tell you, I was on my way to Mortar to buy a Billykirk belt, not jeans, but with one try I was hooked. Crocking on these is pretty substantial so I decided to do an initial soak to keep from damaging any of my shirting. They are actually drying from that soak now, I'll post updated info on that as time allows.
Hat's off to the boys over at Baldwin, I'm a fan.  These will be my go to pair for the next year. Thanks for reading.  Buy your pair here http://www.shopmortar.com/store/






-Rob

3 comments:

schielboy said...

Love the Baldwins Rob, excellent scoop bro! Mortar is the ticket for investment pieces in H-town. Can't wait to scoop mines soon!

A Financial Statement said...

Nice posts guys! Keep up the good work. Btw how do I get in touch with y'all?

Robert Alsbury said...

sorry so late allen.
i'm at boalsbury@gmail.com