Monday, December 27, 2010

1000 Mile Boot

I'm excited to blog about my recent purchase of Wolverine's 1000 mile work boot.  I was able to snag these from Neiman Marcus here in Houston in the galleria last Thursday.  Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans was also doing a little Christmas shopping, Awesome, Indeed to see a star like that in the flesh. 
     Anyway, back to the boot.  What a great boot!  I really can't say enough about the quality, feel, aesthetic and smell, (yes the smell).  The Horween Chromexcel leather actually has a strong fragrance that filled up my entire room.  I just basked in the ambiance.  I opted for dark brown as I felt the russet wouldn't accurately mimic the original.  This boot is handmade in America and as I stated above features Horween Chromexcel leather technology.  If you are more interested in the Chromexcel leather process please visit Horween's website here http://horween.com/index.php/leathers/

Horween has been using this time honored tradition for over 100 years and the end result is something.  The bends and folds in this leather are soft yet strong, durable yet pliable.  A quick brush of the palm and you can really tell the time and detail that's gone into the manufacturing process.  This boot also features "Goodyear Welt" technology ensuring durability top class performance and years of pleasure.  Wikipedia offers some great info on the welt process here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodyear_Welt


 Fit - Accurately and comfortably fits the foot.  In fact when I went to buy the boots I had a pair of Gifford  wingtips on and was of course sock less.  The salesman had me throw on some of those "pantyhose" socks and obviously I had to wear the boots immediately so I walked the galleria with Bill in these boots basically with no socks.  Let me stress, no socks are needed with this boot as the interior is just as high quality as the exterior.

Aesthetic - Beautifully pleasing to the eye.  The boots are the nicest pair of shoes I've purchased yet. They are soft and feel like tennis shoes on the foot. I've only had redwings to use a point of reference and I admit the quality of this boot far exceeds that of a redwing boot.  I've yet to compare them to the Alden #405, but I will have the pleasure of doing that soon as my good friend is a possessor of such.

Over 125 years ago G. A. Krause founded his footwear company with quality & aesthetic in mind.
Well done Mr. Krause, Well done Wolverine.
Hugh Jackman would be proud to wear these boots.
My props to Neiman Marcus as well for carrying these and proffesionally putting these boots on my feet.  I felt like Andre Johnson!!!!  :)

Merry Christmas all, celebrate the risen Savior.

Here's a link to Wolverine's website highlighting the collection : http://www.wolverine.com/us/1000mile/


Here are a couple photos I took during the Christmas break, enjoy!








No comments: